Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cabela's and Ikea

We were considering what to do with our three-day weekend, and I suggested we visit the newly opened Cabela's in Denver (we missed the grand opening several weeks ago), and since Ikea had been open over a year and we had not made it there yet, this seemed like a win-win situation for both of us.  So with that  plan and we headed off to Denver.

  John had a knife he had been looking at in the Cabela's catalog that he wanted to see.  Unfortunately, the south Cabela's did not have it in-store, but we did see a friend from my husband's home community in the southern part of the state and enjoyed catching up with them.  The amazing animals and fish on display in the store are much like a natural history museum emphasizing God's amazing creations.  I did not really know what to expect from Ikea other than advertisements I had seen in magazines, and people warned me that it could take all day.  The huge store with arrows on the floor from one section to another made me feel like a rat in a maze, and the volume of merchandise flooded me with sensory overload.  I might want to go back at some point, but for now it is a "been there, done that" experience.

As we headed home northbound, we were so thankful not to be in the lengthy traffic crawl on the southbound lanes.  With time to spare, we decided to stop at the north Cabela's.  Though a smaller store, the knife he wanted to see was on display and this provided additional information to consider. We got home in time to watch a college football game and see Todd Helton hit the 2500th hit of his career. It was a lovely day and we were both happy.

As I think about this day and the fact that we will soon celebrate our 42nd anniversary, I realize that days like this make for a happy marriage.  We can have very different interests and yet enjoy sharing what the other enjoys.  Mostly, we enjoy being together, and we plan to continue that for as long as the Lord allows!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful you enjoy being together! Gives me hope that we will continue to enjoy each other for years to come as well.

    ReplyDelete